Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh the Joy...

I'll tell ya what, so far I really like college but every once in a while I just want to smack it in the face. For instance today I got an email saying that I never sent in my master promissory note which I did. I gave it to the financial aid office at the end of last semester (April), they were supposed to send it in to the bank but apparently they did not...Either way I got an email today saying that I had to send one in because next Friday is when they are disbursing the loans. So I got to fight with that for an hour because I couldn't find my log in info and they took forever emailing to me. Finally I got that done and so now I am just waiting on approval which I really hope I get, otherwise I don't know what I will do. Grrrr...

Overall this week has been good and bad overall. I had to keep reweighing crucibles for my Quantitative (Quant) Analysis lab because they were not at constant mass. Then I was feeling really sick to my stomach with pains in my right side so I had to go to the clinic on Wednesday. Turns out it's not anything serious, probably dehydration maybe a touch of the flu. So happily I am feeling better now. Then on Thursday in Organic Chemistry lab the stupid Mel-Temp was messed up! (A Mel-Temp helps you figure out melting point ranges for substances, we had to identify an unknown substance using the melting point range.) It would not do what it was supposed to, instead of getting hot fairly quick and then slowly when we turned the dial down, it got hot and then started to cool down rapidly when we turned the dial down. We asked the teacher about it but all he said was that it was interesting/funny and then eventually he said that the thermostat was probably broken. We ended up using different Mel-Temps and we were the last ones done. It took forever and I was so frustrated by the end. But after that my friend and I went to Wal-Mart and we got tiny things of Ben & Jerry's ice cream for 98 cents and they had tiny spoons in the lids! That brightened up my day! hehehe

Then there was today. It went okay for a while, we had the first Chem Club meeting of the year. That was a lot of fun, I get to be treasurer this year so that should be interesting. I really do enjoy Chem Club because it is really fun. Then I got back to the room and found out about the whole loan thing. Then I got to do homework for three hours and I am not quite done yet (I mean it too, it was from about 7:00 til about 10:30 ish) so I have to finish it up tomorrow. Also for the second year in a row I don't get to go to the steam show which is really sad for me. The steam show is this huge old tractor/craft show/flea market that a big part of my family camps at so I am kind of bummed to miss out on it but there is always next year. Well all in all I hope that tomorrow goes well because I am a little tired of all this up and down junk.

I guess I should try to put in something about knitting huh? Well right now I am working on a pair of socks in a pale green Red Heart baby yarn. They are going to be for me and I am really liking the pattern so far, it looks really cool. If I had a digital camera I would put some kind of pictures of it in progress up on here but sadly enough I do not have a camera. *sob* Anyways the socks are from the pattern called "Lady Grey" from guardian.co.uk. The exact address for the socks is: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jul/26/26 so check it out! Of course so far I am only up to the heel on the first sock but hopefully I will have some time to work on them soon. In fact I might go work on them a bit more after I am done with this! hehehe

Anyways it's been fun for tonight and thank you for listening to my rant but right now I want to go and knit on my socks! :)

*heart*
Chemmy

No comments: