Friday, September 19, 2008

The Weekend!

Well sorry to be MIA for so long but I am finally starting to feel better. I went to the clinic because I have been having lower abdomen pains and it turns out that I probably have some ovarian cysts. They are not that serious and should pass when my time of the month comes. Until then I just have to put up with them and I can take some aspirin or ibuprofin to help. *sigh*

Then my Organic Chemistry lab took waaaaaaaaay longer then it was supposed to yesterday which angered me especially since at the end it still didn't work out right! GRRRR! Part of the problem was for two different parts we had to do vacuum filtration and my sink was not creating a very good vacuum (the teacher even said so) and that made the two filtrations take a long time and I didn't get all that great of a percent recovery. On top of all that the teacher just wasn't very helpful...He usually isn't. I am a very nervous person and if things don't work out right or if I can't control them I tend to freak out REALLY easily and the teacher kept making comments about that (he was amazed...to me it is a fact of life and I try to stay calm) Oh well it is over with now.

Today went pretty well, I had a Spanish test which I think I did pretty well on. I took up to Spanish III in high school, reagents level (if you are from New York you understand that, if not, they are really difficult tests at the end of certain subjects that you have to pass in order to graduate...not fun), and this is an intro course so it is basically review. Then I got to do homework for about 5 hours (I am not even kidding, I already took out the time for dinner) and I am still not done. I will finish tomorrow but I probably still have a couple of hours of work depending on how quickly I can figure out the post and pre lab questions and such. Augh....Well enough about the bad stuff! I had some good stuff happen yesterday! I got a new pair of sneakers from the "Secret Sneaker Sale" my college had. They are Reebok running ones that were only $36 and they seemed to help during lab yesterday. The real test will come on Tuesday when I am on my feet for 4 hours for Quant lab. >.< I also got a letter from my Grandpa who lives all the way up in Maine! He is doing pretty well at the moment and I have to try and remember to write him back a letter this weekend, hehehe.

As for knitting right now I am making some Halloween decorations for my house and dorm room. They are from Sept/Oct issue of the magazine CreativeKnitting from a couple of years ago. I have made the pumpkins, ghost and spider from it, they are adorable and really quick and easy to make! I will probably start on a Kittyville Hat from the book Stitch'n'Bitch (sp?) by Debbie Stoller for my roomie soon. She likes it and provided yarn so we will see how that goes! I also want to make Zero from The Nightmare Before Christmas movie which I absolutely love/am obsessed with. I found the pattern here: http://knittedtoybox.blogspot.com/2008/04/zero-ghostly-dog.html and am pretty pumped about. It also has a link to a pattern for Jack from the movie which I also want to try once I get some more black yarn (I am almost out). So all in all I have a couple of projects set up and everything is going pretty well. Hopefully it stays that way! Hehehe!

*Heart*
Chemmy

No comments: